The Fellowship of Christian Athletes is touching millions of lives
…one heart at a time. Since 1954, FCA has been challenging coaches and athletes on the professional, college, high school, junior high and youth levels to use the powerful platform of sport to reach every coach and every athlete with the transforming power of Jesus Christ. FCA focuses on serving local communities around the globe by engaging, equipping and empowering coaches and athletes to unite, inspire and change the world through the gospel.
The Triad Fellowship of Christian Athletes impacts the lives of more than 40% of the 15,000 student-athletes in Guilford, Alamance, Rockingham, Chatham, Caswell and Randolph counties. With a current staff of 6, numerous volunteers, church partners and 10 Board of Directors, the Ministry continues to break new ground in establishing positive relationships with coaches, student-athletes, school administrators and faculty.
FCA is committed to sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ with those individuals who are prepared to receive, to support each huddle that meets in the schools and community centers, to direct coaches in their spiritual growth, to pave the way for student-athletes to attend a broad range of summer camps and to build long-standing relationships with fellow believers who are called to financially support the Ministry.
With the prayers and the passion ignited in each community, coupled with the Vision and Mission of FCA every goal and objective can be achieved, and the Triad FCA will continue to serve as a platform for tremendous spiritual growth in the athletic community.
THE FCA MISSION
To lead every coach and athlete into growing relationship with Jesus Christ and His church.
Our relationships will demonstrate steadfast commitment to Jesus Christ and His Word through Integrity, Serving, Teamwork and Excellence.
How FCA Works
FCA pursues ministry through our 4 C’s: Coaches, Campus, Camp, Community. We believe that within these 4 C’s encompass the breadth and depth of seeing the world of sport, and its influence on our culture, reached with the Gospel and transformed by Jesus Christ.
FCA STATEMENT OF FAITH
– We believe
the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
– We believe there is only one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19)
– We believe in the deity of Christ (John 1:1), in His virgin birth (Matthew 1:18, 25), in His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15), in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood (Hebrews 9:15-22), in His bodily resurrection (1 Corinthians 15:1-8), in His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Acts 1:9-11) and in His personal return in power and glory (Hebrews 9:27-28).
– We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful men (women), regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential. (John 3:16; John 5:24; Titus 3:3-7)
– We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life. (John 14:15-26; John 16:5-16; Ephesians 1:13-14)
– We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation. (Matthew 25:31-46; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18)
– We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. (Philippians 2:1-4)
To and Through the Coach
We pursue our vision and mission through the strategy of to and through the coach. We seek ministry first to coaches hearts, marriages and families. Then, when ready, we minister through coaches to their fellow coaches, teams and athlete leaders.
Billy Graham said, “A coach will impact more people in one year than the average person will in an entire lifetime.” With the influence of a coach, FCA recognizes the most strategic way to reach more athletes is to first reach the coach.
As FCA matures, we seek to make disciples through our methods of engaging, equipping and empowering coaches and athletes to know and grow in Christ and lead others to do the same.